- Industry Analysis:
- Look at government sources of statistics on economic activity in industries and states, and then consider trade associations as information sources. Search the "Business Source Premier" database.
- Competitive Landscape:
- Start with the County Business Patterns, then consider corporate directories, both geographical and industrial. Search the "ReferenceUSA" database.
- Market Analysis:
- Navigate the Summary Files from the Census 2000, and look at demographic maps. Consider aggregator sites online.
- Promotion and Marketing:
- Consider venues for promoting your company, product or service, including newspapers, radio, and online.
- Business Plan Samples:
- Know what actual plans look like, both online and in print.
- Legal and Business Mattters:
- Find out about registering or licensing your business in New Jersey, and locate an accountant or lawyer.