Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Events and News:
- Jazz Research Roundtable - schedule
- Jazz From The Archives - past programs on WBGO radio - program ended in December 2014
- Jazz in Newark - Panel Discussion: Photos from this recent 15-November event featuring Newark jazz legends Leo Johnson and Grachan Moncur III and author Barbara Kukla, moderated by WBGO host Gary Walker. Hosted by the Institute of Jazz Studies and co-sponsored by IJS and NJPAC as part of the James Moody Democracy of Jazz Festival - photos by Ed Berger
- Past event: Author's talk and Concert - America's Music: Jazz in Newark by Barbara Kukla and The Leo Johnson Quartet - Thursday, September 25, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at IJS
- Berger - Carter - Fund (grants for jazz researchers) - Deadline for applications June 29
- IJS mourns the passing of its first Director, Chris White, on 2 November 2014
- The Institute of Jazz Studies has completed work on a grant from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) to arrange and describe the collections of five women in jazz: Wilma Dobie, Ella Fitzgerald, Abbey Lincoln, Annie Ross and Victoria Spivey.
- Institute of Jazz Studies Receives Literary Landmark Designation from the New Jersey Center for the Book - The ceremony - October 23, 2013 at John Cotton Dana Library, Rutgers University, Newark - included the first concert of the Great American Songbook Concert Series featuring Daryl Sherman, piano, Joe Temperley, baritone sax, and Boots Maleson, bass.
- World's Largest Jazz Archive Housed at Rutgers - Video introduction to the Institute of Jazz Studies, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey
Special Digital Exhibits: