Events and News:
- NEW - Jazz Archives Fellowship Program, 2012-2013
- Jazz From The Archives - on WBGO radio
- Jazz Research Roundtable - schedule
- NEW - Jazz Strings Concert Series, 2012-2013
- Past Events - Newark Jazz Legacy Concert Series, 2011-2012
- Past Events - Concert Series: From Dixieland to Deconstruction, 2010-2011
- Berger - Carter - Fund (grants for jazz researchers)
- NEW - Journal of Jazz Studies, a new online open format journal on jazz
- Audio Collections of Benny Carter and Benny Goodman have been digitized
New digital archival materials resulting from a recent Mellon Foundation Grant to the Institute Of Jazz Studies
- IJS Named Literary Landmark
- Dan Morgenstern, IJS Director, has retired - 2012
- Book by IJS Archivist, Tad Hershorn, wins Jazz Journalists Association award
- NEW: Anders Griffen joins the Institute of Jazz Studies as project archivist for the "Women in Jazz" project.
- New: Archivist Angela Lawrence has joined the staff of the Institute of Jazz Studies
- Click here for a tour of the Institute in a Photo Blog -similar to a tour on-site
- Remembering Abbey Lincoln - 6 August 1930 - 14 August 2010
- Remembering Lena Horne - 30 June 1917 - 9 May 2010
-On September 22 - John Cotton
Dana Library and the Rutgers University Alumni Association sponsored a celebration of the life of Lena Horne (1917-2010) with a talk by Horne biographer James Gavin along with a special musical performance by Daryl Sherman.
- Retired IJS Archivist Ann Byrnes Kuebler passed away at the age of 61 on August 13, 2012.
Annie was an internationally recognized jazz archivist whose credits included opening the treasures of the Duke Ellington Collection at the Smithsonian Institution and that of pianist/composer/arranger Mary Lou Williams at the Institute of Jazz Studies at Rutgers University.
- Live Webcast Events
- Gerry Mulligan - A collaboration between IJS and the Gerry & Franca Mulligan Foundation, with music scores
Jazz Greats Exhibits